Monday, November 5, 2012

The Roshambo Dilemma


Hello again my friends, how are we all? So after all this time, I finally got to do some work and spend a day to myself last Friday and man it felt goooood. To be honest, I didn't do as much work as I really should have, I did fuck around a lot, hey I had the day to myself the first in over 6 months, what do you expect? Anyway, I did pencil in 2 cartoons, 1 for today and the other for next week. Usually the penciling process is the one that takes the longest and at times the most frustrating so I thought I'd get that out of the way first.

Once again, this idea just came to me out of the blue the other day when I saw some guys t-shirt that said "Rock Off" and I thought about the paper, scissors, rock game(Roshambo as it's sometimes know, hence the title, "The Paper, Scissors, Rock Dilemma" was too long). Straight away I thought of anthropomorphising (god damn I love that word) a piece of paper, a rock and some scissors. I've done a cartoon about this before, it was more about a rock that looks like he always 'beats' his paper wife, but that didn't stop me from 'double dipping'. But this time I thought, what if they had to fight over the last of something what would they do? And pretty much the first thought I had was, if they were on a plane that was about to crash and there was only one parachute. So, for once this idea was quite and easy one. I like the easy ones, but to be honest it isn't quite as satisfying as knowing there's a good idea there and not giving up and working on it and finally getting an awesome idea out that's for sure.

I scrutinize and over-examine my pageviews on this blog page a little bit too much at times and I have noticed that whenever I get lots of pageviews it's because of you guys. Whenever I get a simple Facebook "like" on the link to the cartoon and especially when someone shares the link on their page I always get heaps more views. So please, if you like a cartoon share the love! I really love making this blog and it makes me so happy when I see other people liking and viewing all my hard work. Thank you so much to all the people that do share for me, you guys rule.

Ok, until next time!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment