Monday, June 9, 2014

He Never Comes First

See, this is what you get when you and your son play Mario Kart 8 every night since it's release, you get a Mario Kart themed cartoon! My son Dash and I have been loving Mario Kart 8, except I let him win all the time. No I tell a lie, I try to not let him fall behind too much and then find it hard to actually try and win by the end. Which is kind of frustrating, it's actually quite hard, usually the only way I can win is to completely smash him, which is not nice so I try to make it look close, but most of the time I just cock it up and lose.

I'm actually kind of bummed that I didn't think of this idea a week ago so I could have posted it as Mario Kart launched, but oh well. And it's also just a coincidence that I've done a Mario cartoon 2 weeks in a row. 

Now the real inspiration for this cartoon is that damned Blue Shell, god I hate that thing! Oh if you've never played a Mario Kart game then this cartoon probably makes no sense to you. Let me explain about ol' Blue, it's a weapon that's given to you when you suck and are miles behind 1st place and it flies off and explodes on the person coming first and there's nothing you can do about it! Well until Mario Kart 8 when they introduced a new weapon that now counters it. But the issue with it always is when the computer controlled opponents use it, which is usually just before you're about to come first then Boom! You come second, damn cheating computer!! If you ever want to see an good example of a computer controlled opponent cheating, play a Mario Kart game on 150CC difficulty, cheating bastards! Anyway, so that's how I got the idea, I thought about poor Mario being stopped from "coming first" by a Blue Shell.

Alrighty, time to go, see you next time!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment